Wednesday 22 July 2015

Dupe for the Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour?

Every man and his dog seems to have jumped on the contouring bandwagon in the hope that they will wake up looking like one of Kardashian/Jenner “klan” *see what I did there haha* sorry.
Now, although I am a long way from being the bronzed goddesses that they all seem to be, a little bit of contouring makes me feel slightly more confident in my own skin, slims the face and makes me appear like I have actually been out in the sun and haven’t been sat inside watching back to back Jeremy Kyle episodes all Summer. *Oops*.

A few months ago Clinique jumped onto the contouring bandwagon by releasing their own chubby stick that made the ‘oh so tricky’ method of contouring that little bit easier. It allows you to swipe some of the scary looking cream product onto the skin with no mess of powder products that are also a little less forgiving if you accidentally apply too much or in the wrong place. Seems good? Well yes…it does make fool-proof contouring slightly more accessible for us but the price tag of £19 was a little off-putting.




You simply twist up the product (which I admit does look a little scary in the packaging), apply it to the areas you want to create a shadow (temples, under the cheekbones, along the jaw line and if you’re really brave along the sides of the nose), and blend out seamlessly with a brush. My brush of choice is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush as I find it firm enough to blend the cream product out whilst not dragging the skin. It is also an ideal size to get precisely below the cheek bones without moving the product all over the face. 






I cannot fault this product. It is so creamy, a lovely colour, blends beautifully, and best of all only costs £5 which I think is perfect – particularly if you are unsure whether contouring is for you.


I hope this helps fill a little gap in your makeup bags!


Available from Superdrug stores and online at http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Face/Blusher/Makeup-Revolution-The-One-Blush-Stick-Matte-Malibu/p/358201#.Va-ihv7F95M  
x

No comments:

Post a Comment